Ramona has really really helped us step up our clay game in 2018. When we hired her, we were after her fun and positive attitude and of course her amazing pottery skills! You can catch Ramona in the studio twice per week for Clay and Your Studio, or crushing Seal Bay Ravine climbs with Derek!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: elementerra.ca
- Facebook: Elementerra Art Studio
- Instagram: @elementerra_art_studio
Art related questions:
- At what age did you know you were going to become an artist?
I was sure at 5 and was always making art. But I didn’t see it as a career choice until age 20 when I left the science program at UBC and decided to go to art school.
- How long have you been selling your art?
On and off since graduating Emily Carr in 2005, then more full-time for the last 10 years.
- What is your favourite medium to practice in?
Clay is my number one, but I often stray to ink drawing and occasionally painting too.
- How would you describe your studio/workspace?
Cozy, and efficient.
- Where can people purchase your art?
Rusty Rooster, Cumberland
Island Potters, Hornby (summer only)
The Other Side, Coombs
My studio in Merville
- What was your favourite place to travel to?
Hard to choose, I love them for different reasons. Northern Scandinavia, where my Mother’s family lives, in summer under the midnight sun. Or maybe the Corn Islands, Nicaragua, they were untouched tropical paradise when I was there in 1999
- What was the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?
Ha, I don’t know, my ice cream maker fits both those categories. Or maybe the giant ducks I brought home once, also best and worst.
- What’s the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
So many, it’s hard to narrow it down. The time I put my braces right through my lip by falling off a sheep I was attempting to ride.
- Do you listen to podcasts and if so, what’s your favourite?
Lots. Radiolab is my go to right now.
- What’s one of your nicknames?
- What’s your favorite cookie?
My Moms Swedish lace cookies.
- If someone asked to be your apprentice and learn all that you know, what would you teach them first?